The Global Connections Fund (GCF) aims to provide initial funding support specifically to promote Australian Researchers and Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) collaboration
The Program consists of two forms of funding: Priming Grants and Bridging Grants which are designed to:
- increase linkages and collaborations with key global economies
- promote researcher-industry engagement and knowledge transfer
- encourage translational activities, end use development and commercialisation outcomes
The program only supports Researcher-SME collaborations and does not support SME-SME or Researcher-Researcher collaborations.
Priming Grants 2018
Confirmed PG timetable for 2018
- Priming Grants (Call 181) will open for Expressions of Interest from 0900hr on the 5th of February and close on the 19th of February 2018 at 17.00hr, Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
- Priming Grants can be prepared and lodged anytime after February 5th but only if you have received an EOI notice of approval to proceed and an EOI number.
- Applications Closing date: All final Priming Grant applications are time stamped and must be received by 17.00 hrs Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on the 8th March 2018.
** To be notified of any additional call PG 181 details or as a reminder of the opening date please sign up to the notification list and we will email you prior to the opening of the round. **
Priming Grants 2016 Outcomes - ATSE 'Focus' Publication
ATSE has published in the October 2017 edition of FOCUS an overview of the outcomes from Priming Grant round PG 161 and a small selection of stories about some of those Priming Grant recipients. This content can be viewed online here.
Bridging Grants 2018
Confirmed BG timetable for 2018
- Bridging Grants (BG-182) will open for eligibility testing on the 4th June 2018 and this phase will close at 1700 hr (AEST) on the 14th June 2018. Once BG eligibility has been approved and a BG application number issued, a full BG application can be prepared and lodged.
- All final Bridging Grant applications must be received by 17.00 Hr (AEST) on the 28th June 2018.
** Sign up here to be notified of the next call details or as a reminder that the grants are opening.**
Priming Grants and Bridging Grants Outcomes 2017
A list of the successful applicants in this round can be found here from the 2017 Priming Grant (call 171).
A full list of awardees is available here for the Bridging Grant (call 172).
The Global Innovations Strategy
The Global Connections fund is part of the Australian governments Global Innovations Strategy. Learn more about this and download a PDF of the strategy here.
Partnering with Australia on innovation, science and research
The Australian Government has developed a booklet showcasing Australia’s innovation, science and research credentials to the world. It outlines a range of opportunities for international parties to partner with Australia on innovation, science and research.